Saturday, March 16, 2024

A Tale a Day Keeps the Mundane at Bay

 I'm the proud owner of a massive book entitled "The Complete Illustrated Works of Hans Christian Andersen" and I decided that this year will be the year when I finally finish reading it! But I'm in so many reading challenges and, this year, I've set my reading goal to 100 books on Goodreads, so I've been struggling to figure out where exactly I should fit this monster of a book.

 

This book has the best bibliosmia (old book smell). Can't get enough of it!

Then I got an idea from The Book Hippie on Litsy: she's doing a daily read of children's classic literature over her morning coffee, the Children's Classic Read 2024, and April is the month of Pipi Longstocking. I'm definitely going to be participating! But that got me thinking: most of Andersen's tales are so short that I could easily read one per day, write about it and still have plenty of time left for my goal of reading  at least 2 books per week (plus any other challenge related reads). 

So, sometimes over cofee, sometimes over tea, I shall endeavour to read one tale per day and then write anything that comes to mind about it. Remember, this is a rambling blog to get me to write: I won't be writing an insightful review, an academic essay or a poetic homage. Just thoughts and blurbs and photos and some warm drink of some kind will be used for decoration (and for my own enjoyment). I shall call this "series" "A Tale a Day" and you're welcome to share your own opinions about the tales in the comments if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment